My project chair is stripped. Whoohoo! The internal diagnosis is not too bad. Some mild wood work and some spring work – you can see the back right spring popped off. Fixing those will be my next step. As I was taking the chair apart, I came to realize this chair is more complex than I had thought, which leaves me a little freaked out but up for the challenge…I think.
The chair was really nasty to take apart too. For some reason the fabric is disintegrating (bc of age or type of fabric or combo of both) and there was this fine yellow powder that went on the floor (or on me) whenever I took more of the fabric off. You can see the yellow powder in the picture on the floor. Yuck.
Anyways, still not sure of the fabric. John reminded me of a chair I did for his sister that was made out of a pink ticking (stripe) and it made me crazy lining up all the stripes. So I’m re-thinking the circle fabric that I loved before. I did find this website the other night and it offered some other fabric choices I’ve been entertaining.